These Baked Chipotle Barbecue Wings are tossed in an easy Homemade Chipotle Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and baked to perfection! This simple barbecue sauce is Sweet with a Smokey, Spicy Heat and whips up in minutes.
If you adore wings like I do, and love finding a new twist on the standard sauce, you’ve come to the right place!
At my house, we have what is fondly thought of as Wing Night. Bake or grill up a mess of wings and toss them in a variety of sauces. This can be a lot of fun for entertaining or Game Day, but I’ve done this countless times for dinner too.
These Baked Chipotle Barbecue Wings are made by tossing them in my Homemade Chipotle Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce. This sauce is the same that I use in Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas and Sweet Chipotle Pork Tenderloin.
How to make Baked Chipotle Barbecue Wings
Begin by placing wing segments on a baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil and spraying with cooking spray really helps with clean up.
You will note I forgot the foil in the photo below and the clean-up is what reminded me to tell you!
Should I use Fresh or Frozen Chicken Wings?
Either will work, but if you use frozen wings, make sure they are completely thawed and patted dry before placing on the baking sheet.
Bake the wings for 50 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
Remove them from the baking sheet and toss them in the Homemade Chipotle Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, place them back on the baking sheet and cook for another 10 minutes until the BBQ sauce has become a bit crispy and caramelized.
Garnish with green onions if you like and serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese.
If you love wings, make sure to check out my Honey Sriracha Wings, another family favorite.
Tried these? Leave me a question, comment, or review below! I’d love to hear from you!
FOLLOW ME on Pinterest! And make sure to Pin this Now!
Baked Chipotle Barbecue Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, drumettes and wingettes separated
- 1 Recipe for Chipotle Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pat chicken wings dry and place the wings skin side up in the baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the baking sheet and toss with Chipotle Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce.
- Place them back on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the sauce begins to crisp and caramelize on the chicken wings.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese is desired and garnish with green onion slices.