There is not a more iconic game day food, in my opinion, than wings and these Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings are a definite win!
We love wings at my house. During BBQ season, we have what we call ‘Wing Fest’. Completely overload the BBQ grill with a ton of wings so there will be plenty of leftovers, and toss them in a variety of sauces. While it can be hard to compete with traditional Buffalo, Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings is a total favorite and the name says it all. A sticky, sweet, spicy heat with an Asian twist.
Recently, my husband and I hosted Game Night at our house. With a platter of Buffalo Wings side-by-side a platter of Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings, guess which disappeared first when everyone came back for seconds? That’s right. The Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings.
Now I wish I could claim total credit for the sauce behind these wings, but I originally tried a version of this sauce from one of my all time favorite chefs, Chef John at Foodwishes. Whenever I come across a recipe with his name on it, I know it will be amazing.
The cooking technique behind these wings is easy and works well with whatever sauce you might prefer. The result is a tender, almost fall apart wing with a crispy skin.
How to make Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings
Start with a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Season the wings with salt and pepper and make sure they are not crowded on the cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour, flipping half way through.
At the end of the hour, toss the wings with 3/4 of the sauce in a large bowl. Spread the wings back onto the cookie sheet and broil for 2-5 minutes depending on the distance from the wings to the heat. Broiling at the end of the cooking time will create a crispy, caramelized, bubbly, and sticky exterior. Brush once more with the sauce when you take them out of the oven.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions and watch them fly away at your game day party. Enjoy!
A few other great Game Day appetizers that would be perfect with these wings…
Remember, Sharing is Caring! Sign up to receive recipes straight to your inbox and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. Pin now to Save for Later!
Sticky Honey Sriracha Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup sriracha hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper and make sure they are not crowded on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour, flipping half way through.
- Whisk the honey, sriracha, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
- At the end of the hour, toss the wings with 3/4 of the sauce in a large bowl.
- Spread the wings back onto the cookie sheet and broil for 2-5 minutes depending on the distance from the wings to the heat.
- Brush once more with the sauce when you take them out of the oven.
- Garnish wings with toasted sesame seeds and green onion slices.