When you roll a chicken wing in these crispy little bites of heaven, also known as Flamin’ Hot Cheetos breadcrumbs, you get a crazy crunchy, flavor explosion in your mouth and the Honey Sriracha Buttery Glaze is the finger-licking icing on the cake! Ready to be impressed? Try my Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings on the grill, I dare you.
Don’t be fooled by the color, the spice is relatively mild, but the flavor combination and out-loud crunch will make these Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings on the Grill your new favorite wing flavor.
This week’s Wing Fest was sponsored by a warm summer evening on my patio with my kiddos and a cold cocktail.
What’s Wing Fest you might ask?
That is the term that my friends and family use for a night of fill-the-grill with chicken wings, usually in a variety of flavors like CRANBERRY CHIPOTLE GLAZED WINGS and always hoping for leftovers.
In addition to my son’s favorite Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings, we also made the BEST Garlic Parmesan Wings.
How to make Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings on the Grill
Begin by placing Flamin’ Hot Cheetos in a ziplock and pounding them into breadcrumbs similar to panko bread crumbs.
Dip the raw chicken wing into a beaten egg, then the Cheetos crumbs, and then place it on a grill set up for indirect cooking.
This simply means that they do not cook directly over the flames or charcoal, but next to it.
While the wings are cooking undisturbed, make the glaze.
The glaze for this recipe if just three ingredients:
- Melted Butter
Whisk the glaze together, and after the wings have cooked to an insane level of cripiness, brush or toss them in the glaze.
If I don’t use my grill, can I still make Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings?
Yes. I’ve made this Oven Version many times and they are delightful!
If you love to grill as much as I do, try a few of my other favorite grill recipes:
- CRANBERRY CHIPOTLE GLAZED WINGS
- GRILLED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
- SMOKY BROWN SUGAR CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- EASY GRILLED CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
- GRILLED SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
- STICKY ASIAN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- GRILLED SHRIMP CAKE RECIPE
- BOURBON BACON HAM AND PINEAPPLE KABOBS ON THE GRILL
Follow me on YouTube for all my recipe videos.
Pin this now to save for later!
Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings on the Grill
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 4 cups Flamin' Hot Cheetos pounded into breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
Honey Sriracha Glaze
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat a grill to a medium high, 350-400 degree grate temperature.
- Place the Cheetos in batches in a large ziplock bag. After squeezing out the air, pound the Cheetos into panko or Italian size crumbs. I use a smooth meat mallet or rolling pin for this. Larger crumbs are less desirable as they do not adhere as well to the chicken.
- Dip a wing into the beaten eggs, then into a bowl with HALF the Cheetos crumbs in it before placing the wing on a well oiled grill grate NOT directly over the flame or coals.
- As you continue to dip the wings into the crumbs, the crumbs will start to become saturated and not stick as well. As this happens, add the reserved crumbs.
- Cook the wings indirectly with the grill lid closed for 45 – 60 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees and the crust reaches the desired level of crispiness.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and toss with the cooked wings before serving.
If you enjoyed this video for Extra Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings on the Grill, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video).