Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes are crispy roasted, RANCH seasoned, and topped with melty Colby Jack cheeses and crispy bacon for an EASY side dish straight off the barbecue grill!
These crispy on the outside, fluffy interior roasted taters, with unending strings of melty cheese makes this simple side dish the one thing you may have been missing in your life!
I mean, can melty cheese and crispy bacon crumbles ever be a bad choice?
That’s exactly what I thought when I took my favorite barbecue grill Roasted Potatoes and ‘upscaled’ them!
How to make Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes
Pick your potato.
Red, russet, and yellow skinned all work well.
Remove the peel or not. I actually prefer the crispy edges I get from the peel and choose to keep them.
Cube to one inch or a little larger.
The smaller the cubes (not so small as to go through the grill grates) the faster they will cook.
Toss the potato cubes with olive oil, a packet ranch seasoning/dressing, some fresh parsley, and a bit of salt.
Roast indirectly on the grill until fluffy and soft inside when poked, and golden edged on the outside.
After the potatoes reach the desired degree on crispiness, remove to a small, foil lined baking sheet or disposable pan.
Sprinkle with Colby jack shredded cheese and bacon crumbles.
Place back on indirect grill heat, close the grill lid, and wait a few minutes until the ooey, gooey, cheesy, melty mounds of potatoes are ready to be devoured.
Can I make Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes in the oven?
Yes! The details are in the recipe card below.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Pin this now to save for later!
Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed to 1"
- 1 ounce Ranch Seasoning/Dressing Packet ie Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh chopped – DIVIDED
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions, sliced optional garnish
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese, shredded 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles, cooked
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for a 350 – 400 degree grate temperature or medium high, set up for indirect cooking. Indirect cooking/grilling means the food is not placed directly over the heat source, but cooks to the side of it.
- Toss cubed potatoes with the contents of the Ranch seasoning packet, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread coated potatoes evenly in a single layer on preheated grill grates.
- Close the grill lid and let the potatoes roast undisturbed for 30-45 minutes, or until they are tender inside when probed and golden brown on the edges.
- Remove the roasted potatoes to a foiled lined baking sheet or disposable foil pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Top with shredded Colby Jack cheese and bacon crumbles and place back on the grill to cook indirectly for +/- 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and sliced green onions if desired.
Can I make Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes in the oven?Yes. Roast at 400 degrees for +/- 30 minutes on a foil lined and non-stick sprayed large baking sheet.
If you enjoyed this video for Grilled Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potatoes, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel(P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video).