Simply marinated to tender perfection, grilled until the skin is crisp, tossed in a fresh, garlic infused butter, and then liberally sprinkled in salty parmesan makes these The Best Garlic Parmesan Wings on (or off) the Grill and a total flavor explosion of fabulousness!
These INSANELY FLAVORFUL Garlic Parmesan Wings are the perfect flavor combination for those who don’t love the spiciness of traditional buffalo. They are an absolute favorite flavor for my family.
The friend who shared this recipe with me has dominated wing competitions with it. Part of the secret is the Zesty Italian Marinade. When I’m feeling spunky, I make the dressing from scratch but not always.
This week’s Wing Fest was sponsored by a warm summer evening on my patio with my kiddos and a cold cocktail.
What’s Wing Fest you might ask? That is the term that friends and family use for a night of fill-the-grill with chicken wings, usually in a variety of flavors, and always hoping for leftovers. In addition to our Garlic Parmesan Wings, we also made my son’s favorite flavor, EXTRA CRISPY SWEET AND SPICY WINGS ON THE GRILL.
Bonus of my drive-everywhere, 16 year old daughter consented to stay for dinner, help cook, AND let me take her picture since this is her favorite wing flavor.
How to make Best Garlic Parmesan Wings on the Grill
I begin by marinating the wings in a Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing. I love my scratch made version which only takes minutes to whisk together, but store bought will work as well.
Let the wings marinate in the refrigerator in a Ziploc bag for three hours.
Set up a barbecue grill for indirect cooking, which simply means there is a zone that is not directly over the flame.
This can be done with both gas and charcoal grill.
Let the wings cook in a covered grill at a medium high heat for 30 to 45 minutes until they are cooked through, golden, in the skin is the desired crispness.
While the wings are cooking, place your garlic butter ingredients in a small saucepan and bring them to a simmer to release all that garlic flavor.
This can be done on the grill, stove top, or even in the microwave.
Tosh your wings in the garlic butter, and sprinkle with grated parmesan, parmesan flakes, and fresh parsley.
Do I have to grill my Garlic Parmesan Wings?
No. This recipe can be used with many wings preparation styles. The Zesty Italian Marinade remains the same and after they are cooked through, tossing them in the garlic butter sauce and then sprinkling with the parmesan cheeses and parsley is also identical. See the oven baked variation in the recipe card below.
If you love to grill as much as I do, try a few of my other favorite grill recipes:
- CRANBERRY CHIPOTLE GLAZED WINGS
- GRILLED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
- SMOKY BROWN SUGAR CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- EASY GRILLED CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
- GRILLED SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
- STICKY ASIAN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- GRILLED SHRIMP CAKE RECIPE
- BOURBON BACON HAM AND PINEAPPLE KABOBS ON THE GRILL
Share a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, Instagram or save it to Pinterest and tag it @SAVORWITHJENNIFER and hashtag it #SAVORWITHJENNIFER. I can’t wait to see your work!
Follow me on YouTube for all my recipe videos.
Pin this now to save for later!
Best Garlic Parmesan Wings on the Grill
- 1 Barbecue Grill
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, flakes
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh and chopped
- Marinate the chicken wings in the Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Pre-made can substituted.
- Preheat the barbecue grill to a medium high heat, approximately 350-400 degrees grate temperature, and set up for in-direct cooking.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on well oiled grill grates NOT directly over the flames/coals.
- Cook indirectly for 30-45 minute or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees and the skin reaches the desired crispiness.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring the butter to a simmer before removing from the heat. This may be done on the grill, stove, or even microwave in a glass bowl.
- Toss the cooked wings in the garlic butter sauce and then sprinkle on the parmesan cheeses and fresh parlsey.
If you enjoyed this video for Best Garlic Parmesan Wings on the Grill, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video).
Mother, Gardener, Book Devourer, and Food Obsessor. I love being inspired with fresh, seasonal ingredients and relish every opportunity to elevate my home cooking. Join me!
Leave a Reply