These Bourbon Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers have the spicy bite of fresh Jalapeno filled with creamy, smooth cream cheese, all wrapped to perfection in a bourbon, candied, crunchy, salty piece of thick-cut bacon!
Was there every a more perfect party appetizer?
These Bourbon Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are baked, not fried, but trust me, you are not missing out!
I love Poppers in all forms, from ooey-gooey, stringy cheese filled, battered and fried, topped with bread crumbs, herb infused cheeses, or grilled on the barbecue. I adore them all! But, this combination of salty, sweet crispy bacon with the creamy heat of the cheese and pepper…IS SERIOUSLY SO GOOD!!! And I’m pretty sure is my favorite!
Best part? Ten minutes or less to assemble and then the oven does the rest.
- Halve the jalapenos and remove the ribs and seeds.
- Fill them with softened cream cheese.
- Wrap with half of a strip of thick cut bacon.
- Brush with a bourbon and brown sugar glaze.
That’s it! A crazy, easy hor d’oeuvre that’s just different enough to WOW and IMPRESS your guests. They don’t need to know how little effort was involved, after all.
How to make Bourbon Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Begin by slicing fresh jalapenos in half lengthwise. DO USE GLOVES! The oils from the peppers can burn your skin. Remove the seeds and the interior ribs. I use a spoon for this.
If you like your Poppers with a little more heat, feel free to leave the interior ribs intact.
Fill each jalapeno half with about a tablespoon of slightly softened cream cheese. You can soften the cream cheese by microwaving for a few seconds or by letting it come to room temperature.
Wrap each jalapeno in a half of a piece of uncooked, thick-cut bacon. The ends of the bacon should be underneath the jalapeno as much as possible. If necessary, manipulate the bacon piece a little, stretching it a little longer to make this happen.
Next, we are going to make the simple glaze for the Bourbon Candied Bacon. And if you feel like eating a batch of this bacon all by itself, don’t worry, you aren’t alone! It’s ridiculously addictive and is perfect as it’s own appetizer or along side your favorite breakfast item!
Brush the glaze on the bottom, top, and sides of the poppers. Place them on a baking rack over a baking sheet. If you don’t have a baking rack, line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the Bourbon Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is crisp, golden, and caramelized. For those who like to dip or need help taming a little heat, serve a side of ranch or sour cream garnished with a few green onion slices.
Tried this? I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a question, comment, or review below!
FOLLOW ME on Pinterest and make sure to Pin this now!
Bourbon Candied Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 ounces jalapenos, fresh, cut in half lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound Bourbon Candied Bacon (Uncooked bacon and glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Fill each half jalapeno with about a tablespoon of softened cream cheese.
- Slice the raw, thick-cut bacon in half crosswise.
- Stretching the half slice of bacon slightly if necessary, wrap it twice around the middle of the jalapeno with the ends being underneath. See above photos. Use a toothpick if needed.
- Using a barbecue basting brush, brush the Bourbon Candied Bacon Glaze all over the jalapeno popper.
- Place the popper on a wire baking rack on a baking sheet OR on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, golden, and caramelized.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes if additional crispiness and color is desired on the bacon.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with ranch or sour cream if desired.