Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta is toasted on the barbecue grill, smeared with creamy Goat Cheese, and topped with a bright, flavorful Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb Salad.
Whether you enjoy it as antipasto or along side a succulent piece of grilled chicken, you won’t want to miss this Grill Season treat that takes Bruschetta to the next level!
Bruschetta is an Italian antipasto that consists of grilled bread with garlic, olive oil, and salt. There are unlimited options for topping brushetta and crostini. My Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta version came about several summers ago when my garden was overflowing with tomatoes and herbs and I needed something new to temp the family. Also, I was craving my one of my favorite pizzas that has roasted garlic cloves, kalamata olives, and little dabs of goat cheese…..so good!
It’s simple to prepare, is versatile enough to be an appetizer, side dish, or even a meatless main. It’s as gorgeous to look at as it is to eat and the combination of flavors, especially when cooked on the grill, will wow your guests or your family.
How to make Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta
The Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb salad comes together easily with the diced tomato of your choice, kalamata olives, shallot, garlic, Italian flat leaf parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This can marinate on the counter while preparing the remainder of the meal.
The toasts are made by slicing a French baguette into 1/2″ slices. Brush both sides with olive oil that has minced garlic, salt, and pepper mixed in it.
Grill the bread slices briefly over the flame, flipping once until toasted on both sides.
Arrange the toasts single layer on a cookie sheet and spread about 2 teaspoons of goat cheese on each piece. Place the whole cookie sheet on the grill and close the lid for about 2 minutes. The goat cheese will soften and melt slightly.
Immediately top the warm toasts with the Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb Salad and serve.
Can I make Goat Cheese Bruschetta without a grill?
Absolutly! Simply toast the french bread slices on a cookie sheet under the broiler. After you spread the goat cheese on the toasts, put them back under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to soften and melt the cheese. Top with your tomato salad and serve!
This particular night we had Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta with a slow-roasted, spice rubbed grilled chicken that cooked for about an hour on indirect heat while I prepped the Bruschetta.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Share a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, Instagram or save it to Pinterest and tag #SAVORWITHJENNIFER. Watch more recipe videos by subscribing to my YouTube
Channel. I can’t wait to see your work!
Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb Salad
- 1.5 cups diced/halved tomato of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley or basil plus any other fresh herbs on hand
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 garlic cloved, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 French Baguette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb Salad
- Combine all salad ingredients and let marinate at room temperature until ready to use.
French Baguette/Bruschetta Preparation
- Slice the baguette into 1/2" slices
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of the baugette slices with the olive oil mixture.
- Place on the grill over direct heat, flipping once until both sides are toasted.
- Distribute toasts on a cookie sheet and spread each toast slice with 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Place entire cookie sheet on the grill with the lid covered for about 2 minutes to warm and soften the goat cheese.
- Top each toast with a spoonful of the Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Herb Salad and serve.