Oven Roasted Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers are tender shrimp tossed in a garlic spice rub and then quick roasted to succulent, seasoned perfection! Drizzle or dunk in a finger-licking, crazy-craveable Bang Bang Sauce for the ULTIMATE holiday appetizer that’s ready in MINUTES!
Shrimp is an appetizer staple for a reason. The meat has a slightly sweet, delightfully buttery, briny bite. It’s readily available, cooks quickly, but is special enough for ANY important occasion or gathering.
Bang Bang Sauce is a favorite condiment in my house. During grilling season, I use it on Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp and a really delightful Grilled Cauliflower. It’s also amazing on burgers, fish, pork, or really almost any protein or vegetable.
How to make Oven Roasted Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers with Bang Bang Sauce
Toss the raw shrimp in a simple olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper mixture.
This adds so much flavor, but also can help with the possibility of the shrimp sticking to the baking sheet.
Next, skewer the shrimp on a toothpick for easy appetizer handling. I like the extra long toothpicks and can fit two shrimp on them. If you like the traditional size toothpick, one shrimp fits perfectly.
What shrimp size should I use? And how are shrimp measured?
Shrimp sizes can vary dramatically on labeling from small to extra large and jumbo sized. The true way to distinguish a shrimp size is how many are in a pound. For this recipe, I used 24 shrimp in one pound. Larger or smaller shrimp can be used easily for this recipe, but adjust the cook time accordingly.
How do I know when the shrimp is cooked?
Shrimp cook very quickly. Overcooked shrimp can be tough. Raw shrimp are translucent and gray. They will turn opaque with reddish or pink tints as they cook. Watch the crevice in the back of the shrimp where the vein was removed and AS SOON as the flesh at the base of that crevice turns from translucent to opaque, the shrimp is done.
While the shrimp are roasting in the oven for a mere 5 minutes, whisk together the seven ingredients for the seriously amazing Homemade Bang Bang Sauce.
I like to drizzle a little over the roasted shrimp and serve any additional sauce on the side for dunking.
Garnish with a few green onion slices for a bright pop of color.
New a few more appetizer ideas? Here are a few of my favorites:
- FLAMIN’ HOT CHEETOS WINGS WITH HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE
- BOURBON CANDIED BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
- COCONUT SHRIMP WITH PEACH SWEET AND SPICY CHILI SAUCE
- BAKED CHIPOTLE BARBECUE WINGS
- GRILLED CHICKEN SPIEDINI SKEWERS
- STICKY ASIAN BAKED PORK RIBS
If you’ve tried my Oven Roasted Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Share a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, Instagram or save it to Pinterest and tag #SAVORWITHJENNIFER. Watch more recipe videos by subscribing to my YouTube
Channel. I can’t wait to see your work!
Pin this now to save for later!
Oven Roasted Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined size 26/30 or larger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup Homemade Bang Bang Sauce see link – Bang Bang Sauce Recipe
- 1 green onion, sliced garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the raw shrimp with the olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Skewer the shrimp on toothpicks and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 5 minutes, JUST until the interior of the shrimp becomes opaque.
- Immediately remove from the baking sheet and drizzle, brush, or dunk with the Homemade Bang Bang Sauce.
- Garnish with the sliced green onions.
If you enjoyed this video for Oven Roasted Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel(P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video).
Mother, Gardener, Book Devourer, and Food Obsessor. I love being inspired with fresh, seasonal ingredients and relish every opportunity to elevate my home cooking. Join me!
Leave a Reply