Whole Grilled Cauliflower with Bang Bang Sauce is an easy and delicious way to transform ordinary cauliflower to an extraordinary, can’t-get-enough, the-kids-will-actually-eat-it, side dish!
Roasting or grilling cauliflower brings out and enhances the inherent nuttiness and sweetness in this underutilized vegetable. After cooking on in-direct heat in a completely hands-off manner, the fork tender cauliflower is drizzled with a craveable, slightly sweet, with a hint of heat, Bang Bang Sauce that will temp you to lick you plate.
One of my all-time, favorite things to do if the weather is even slightly favorable is what I refer to as patio sitting.
Patio sitting may include almost any combination of the following: flip-flops, music, tiki torches, fire pit, friends or solo time, kids playing, a good book, and a cocktail. Don’t forget the cocktail! What is almost always happening during patio time is a fired-up barbecue grill. And it’s always a bonus if I can cook the whole meal on the grill at the same time, because patio-time y’all!
I’m particularly fond of this side dish because I found a way to use an extremely healthy veggie that I don’t think about often in a ridiculously easy way that my kids actually love. And it promotes extended patio sitting since I don’t have to keep running in to cook.
How to make Whole Grilled Cauliflower with Bang Bang Sauce
Core the cauliflower.
I prefer to quarter my head of cauliflower so that it cooks more evenly. It can be cooked whole or even in smaller pieces to speed the cook time if desired.
Cook on indirect heat, which is NOT over a flame, for 30-40 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and fork tender.
Whip up this 5 minute Bang Bang Sauce and drizzle or dunk to your hearts content.
Bang Bang Sauce is creamy, slightly sweet, with a gentle heat, and is addictive in the extreme! And it is just seven simple ingredients whisked together until smooth.
Can I cook this in the oven?
Yes! Place cauliflower on an oiled baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until fork tender.
Some of my favorite Grilling recipes include:
- GRILLED BANG BANG SHRIMP
- STICKY ASIAN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- BOURBON BACON GRILLED BAKED BEANS
- GRILLED PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN KABOBS
- GRILLED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
If you’ve tried my Whole Grilled Cauliflower with Bang Bang Sauce or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Pin this now to save for later!
Whole Grilled Cauliflower with Bang Bang Sauce
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Bang Bang Sauce Bang Bang Sauce Recipe
- Preheat the barbecue grill or oven to 350 degrees or a medium heat.
- Rinse, core, and quarter the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Brush on all sides of the cauliflower.
- Roast on indirect heat (not over the grill flame) for 30-40 minutes or until for tender.
- Drizzle with Bang Bang Sauce and garnish with green onions if desired.