Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp is succulent and tender shrimp skewers that are brushed with a simple olive oil and garlic spice wet rub. Seared for just 2-3 minutes on each side and then drizzled with the most amazingly crave-able, scratch-made Bang Bang Sauce for an insanely easy and quick meal.
The idea behind Bang Bang shrimp was made famous by Bonefish Grill, but I love this version even more.
Healthier then the original, it’s so simple and on the table in under 30 minutes. It might be the perfect weeknight go-to grilling meal, especially when paired with Grilled Bang Bang Cauliflower, Grilled Asparagus, and a Grilled Berry Crisp!
I may have mentioned a time or two how much I ADORE patio sitting. The smokey, delicious smells radiating from the grill and enticing all of the neighbors, ice-cold cocktail in hand, flip-flop wearing, music, tiki torch patio sitting…um, yes please! And HUGE bonus when I can do the whole meal on the grill because more patio sitting for me!
How to make Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp
Brush raw shrimp skewers with an olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper mixture.
This adds so much flavor, but also can help with with the possibility of the shrimp sticking to the grill grates.
Whisk together the seven ingredients for the seriously amazing Homemade Bang Bang Sauce.
Grill the shrimp skewers directly over the flame for 1-3 minutes per side, flipping once.
How do you know when shrimp are cooked?
Shrimp cook very quickly. Overcooked shrimp can be tough. Raw shrimp are translucent and gray. They will turn opaque with reddish or pink tints as they cook. Watch the crevice in the back of the shrimp where the vein was removed and AS SOON as the flesh at the base of that crevice turns from translucent to opaque, the shrimp is done.
After removing them from the grill, drizzle with the Bang Bang Sauce and garnish with sliced green onions.
Some of my favorite Grilling recipes include:
- WHOLE GRILLED CAULIFLOWER WITH BANG BANG SAUCE
- STICKY ASIAN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- BOURBON BACON GRILLED BAKED BEANS
- GRILLED PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN KABOBS
- GRILLED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
If you’ve tried my Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Share a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, Instagram or save it to Pinterest and tag #SAVORWITHJENNIFER. I can’t wait to see your work!
Pin this now to save for later!
Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp
- 2 pounds shrimp skewers – raw, peeled, and deveined size 26/30 or larger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Homemade Bang Bang Sauce – see link Bang Bang Sauce Recipe
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat and oil the grill grates.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush on both sides of the shrimp.
- Grill the shrimp directly over the heat source for 1-3 minutes on each side JUST until the interior of the shrimp become opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and drizzle or brush with the Homemade Bang Bang Sauce.
- Garnish with the sliced green onions.
Mother, Gardener, Book Devourer, and Food Obsessor. I love being inspired with fresh, seasonal ingredients and relish every opportunity to elevate my home cooking. Join me!
I really like the Shrimp but never tried bang bang sauce. This dish looks amazing as well as mouth watering. I will definitely try this recipe at home. I hope, I can make it up to the mak without overcooking.
Thanks for sharing!
You got this, Daniel! Let me know how it turns out for you!
I absolutely love shrimp and the bang bang sauce made it even better! All sea food should be coated in this heavenly sauce!
hahaha! Totally agree. Glad you enjoyed it!