Caramelized, crispy bacon. Brown sugar candied crunch. Bourbon infused flavor. Smoky, spicy andouille sausage. Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages are the decadent, sweet-heat everyone needs in their life!
I love the sweet heat that this Bourbon Brown Sugar Glaze adds to bacon, not to mention the lovely, candied crunch that happens.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Bacon is a favorite flavor in my house! I use this glaze on:
- BOURBON BACON HAM AND PINEAPPLE KABOBS
- BOURBON CANDIED BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
- BROWN SUGAR BOURBON BACON BITES
These bacon wrapped sausages are one of the easiest appetizers to make and they are just different enough that no one else will have had something quite like them. They are perfect for any game day, Super Bowl, make ahead tailgating, holiday, or party!
I especially like the way the spice in the andouille sausage compliments the glaze.
If you prefer a version without the extra spice, Polish sausage or traditional smoked sausage works great as well.
How to make Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages
Cut the sausages into 1″ – 1 1/4″ pieces.
Wrap each sausage with half of a slice of bacon.
Combine brown sugar with whiskey or bourbon, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
Briefly microwave the mixture to make it into a brushable consistency.
Brush a layer onto the sausages before baking.
Add another layer of the glaze close to the end of the cooking time.
Watch the VIDEO below to see me do this!
Cook until the bacon is bubbly and crispy.
These are great served straight from the oven, but are also tasty at room temperature.
For other Game Day fantastic choices, check out my:
- Oven Roasted Cranberry Chipotle Glazed Wings
- Sticky Asian Baked Pork Ribs
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Wings with Honey Sriracha Sauce
- The Bomb Italian Sausage
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans
If you’ve tried my Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Share a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, Instagram or save it to Pinterest and tag #SAVORWITHJENNIFER. I can’t wait to see your work!
Pin this now to save for later!
Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages
- 13 ounces Andouille Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 pound bacon, slices cut in half lengthwise not thick cut bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the Andouille Smoked Sausage into 1"-1 1/4" pieces.
- Wrap each sausage piece with a half of a slice of bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped sausages bacon seem side down on a foil lined and non-stick spray coated large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the brown sugar, whiskey, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Microwave the brown sugar mixture for 30 seconds to make into a brushable consistency.
- Brush the bacon wrapped sausages with a layer of the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes before brushing with another layer of the brown sugar glaze mixture. Microwave the glaze a second time if needed.
- Continue to bake for 5-10 minutes until the bacon is browned, bubbly, and caramelized.
If you enjoyed the video for Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video!)
Mother, Gardener, Book Devourer, and Food Obsessor. I love being inspired with fresh, seasonal ingredients and relish every opportunity to elevate my home cooking. Join me!
Leave a Reply