Truffled Goat Cheese & Arugula Pizza with Caramelized Mushrooms! Yum!
I read about food a lot. By a lot, I mean that when I open Facebook, my feed is like 90% food related. I get excited when there is a brand new cookbook in my library’s new release section. Half the apps on my phone are food related. You get the point. So when I stumbled across an article about top searches in Pinterest that mentioned naan pizza, I was like ‘Oooohhh, that sounds yummy! Now I know what we are having for dinner tonight!’ Sort of random, but based on some of the ingredients I had on hand, that’s the inspiration behind this crazy good, Truffled Goat Cheese & Arugula Pizza with Caramelized Mushrooms.
Why and what is Naan you might ask? Naan is a leavened, oven baked flatbread often found in Indian cuisines. It’s light and soft, and tends to have a brick oven flavor from the baking process. Kind of sounds like an amazing pizza crust, right? And as much as I love an exceptional homemade crust, I can’t believe I hadn’t thought to use naan before, especially since it’s so readily available in the bread section at most grocery stores.
As far as pizza preference is concerned, the answer is yes. Just YES! Yes, I love brick oven, St. Louis thin crust, New York style, Chicago deep dish. I love a good meat lovers or a roasted garlic Greek veggie. I have no pizza filter. I love it all. During the summer, the kids and I have a lot of fun making pizza on the BBQ grill, There will definitely be future posts about making pizza on the barbie.
Anyway, back to this pizza. Pizza where mushrooms are the star is high on my fav’s list. And when you combine caramelized Cremini mushrooms with slow Roasted Garlic, goat cheese, slices of fresh mozzarella, and top it all with peppery arugula that has been tossed with a little lemon and truffle oil….Oh my Gosh!…Simply divine!
To make this pizza, start by browning your sliced Cremini mushrooms, aka baby bellas, in a medium high heat skillet with a little butter and salt. I LOVE my cast iron skillet for this. [amazon_textlink asin=’B00L4771OG’ text=’cast iron skillet’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’savorwithjenn-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ccabb68e-fe30-11e7-8059-6f69aa9213e5′]
Meanwhile, smear the all of the cloves from a head of Roasted Garlic over the piece of naan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Add slices of fresh mozzarella and dabs of goat cheese. Don’t you love my technical terms?
Top all this amazing flavor with 3/4 of your caramelized mushrooms. Bake for 7-10 minutes in the a 500 degree oven set on convection if your oven has that setting.
While the pizza is baking, take the remaining caramelized mushrooms and place in a bowl with 1-2 cups of arugula. Toss with the juice of a quarter of a fresh lemon, a pinch of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and 1 tablespoon of truffle oil. If truffle oil isn’t available locally, you can find it on Amazon [amazon_textlink asin=’B007D7OUE0′ text=’here’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’savorwithjenn-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4f53a8e1-fec3-11e7-a9a2-edcb7db05812′] or just use olive oil.
Top the pizza with the arugula and mushrooms. Slice as desired and serve.
I hope you love this Truffled Goat Cheese & Arugula Pizza with Caramelized Mushrooms as much as I do. Enjoy!
Remember, sharing is caring! If you would like more recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my email list. Thanks friends!
Truffled Goat Cheese & Arugula Pizza with Caramelized Mushrooms
- 1 standard size piece of naan flatbread
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt divided
- 1 head roasted garlic See How to Roast Garlic Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Fresh ground pepper divided
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1.5 cups arugula rocket
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees convection bake setting
- Brown the sliced Cremini mushrooms in a skillet preheated over medium high heat with the butter and a sprinkle of salt.
- Spread the cloves from a head of roasted garlic over the piece of naan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add slices of fresh mozzarella and dabs of goat cheese.
- Top this with 3/4 of the caramelized mushrooms and the fresh basil.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, take the remaining caramelized mushrooms and place in a bowl with 1-2 cups of arugula.
- Toss the mushrooms and arugula with the juice of a quarter of a fresh lemon, a pinch of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and 1 tablespoon of truffle oil.
- Top the cooked pizza with the arugula and the reserved mushrooms.
- Slice and serve.