This Sheet Pan Polish Sausage Sandwich Recipe comes together in minutes and the oven does almost all of the work! Smothered in roasted onions and peppers that cook along side of the Polish kielbasa, you won’t believe how easy and delicious this sheet pan supper really is!
The sheet pan method makes this easy, but it’s the sweet and spicy glaze that creates something AMAZING! A simple tomato based sauce is tossed on the colored bell peppers and slices of onion before they are placed on a baking sheet to roast along side of Polish sausage aka kielbasa. Eat the sausages and peppers by themselves or assemble on your favorite hoagie style bun for a sandwich fit for a quick supper, game day, or even company.
My family is a big fan of supper-style sandwiches, like the Bomb Italian Sausage Sandwich. I love that they are time efficient, kid friendly, and serve with a salad or another veggie side, and you have all of the bases covered.
Sheet Pan Polish Sausage Sandwiches are quick and easy to prepare.
- Slice colored peppers and onions.
- Whisk together the glaze made from tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, and spices.
- Toss the peppers and onions in the glaze.
- Spread the sausage pieces, and glaze covered onions and peppers on a baking sheet to roast.
- Assemble in your favorite bun or hoagie!
How to make Sheet Pan Polish Sausage Sandwiches with Onions and Peppers
Begin by slicing colored bell peppers, or the peppers of your choice, into 1/4″ wide strips. Do the same with a large onion.
Cut the sausage into bun length pieces. That is usually four in a standard size package of Polish kielbasa.
What’s the difference between smoked sausage, Polish sausage, and kielbasa?
Kielbasa is actually the Polish word for sausage. So, Polish sausage and kielbasa usually refer to the same thing. Polish sausage is either not smoked or only lightly smoked. Smoked sausage is cooked and then smoked, sometimes with artificial smoke flavor added to enhance it. Here is a pretty good article that talks about more in depth.
Either of these sausages, smoked or Polish kielbasa, works very well in this preparation, so choose the one you like better.
To make the glaze, whisk together olive oil, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, sugar, sriracha, salt, and garlic in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Toss the sliced peppers and onions in the glaze. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
Evenly spread out the sausage pieces and glaze covered peppers and onions on the baking sheet.
Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Serve in your favorite hot dog, bratwurst, or hoagie style bun.
These Sheet Pan Polish Sausage Sandwiches are easy to double for a crowd. If you do, make sure to use a second sheet pan so that the sausages and veggies caramelize and brown. Over-crowding can make them just steam.
Try a few of my other Favorite Supper Style Sandwiches!
- The Bomb Italian Sausage Sandwich
- Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Make sure to FOLLOW ME on Pinterest and Pin this now!
Question, comment, or review? Make sure to leave me one below. I’d love to hear from you!
Sheet Pan Polish Sausage Sandwiches with Onions and Peppers
- 14 ounces Polish sausage, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cup bell pepper, any color, cut into 1/4" wide slices
- 1 cup onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4" wide slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Toss the sliced peppers and onions in the glaze until they are coated.
- Evenly distribute the coated peppers and onions and sausage pieces on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the sausages have browned and the vegetables have begun to caramelize.
- Serve in buns or rolls as desired.