Sweet and smoky, thick and saucy, packed with bacon crumbles, these Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans will be the best and easiest side dish in recent memory…I promise!
These easy Slow Cooker beans use a can of pre-mixed baked beans as a base, adds a ton of crispy bacon crumbles, bourbon, brown sugar, and the perfect spice mix to make the most in-demand side dish you may have every created!
Who else loves bacon?
Good! Because this is the recipe where every bite of beans has morsels of crumbly, crispy, salty delicious bacon.
After crisping up a pound of bacon and onions, half are stirred into the beans and that means the other half is sprinkled on top of these delectable baked beans. Bacon in every bite!
Very similar to my favorite Cast Iron Skillet Bourbon Bacon Grilled Baked Beans, this recipe take bland beans to extraordinary without the ‘scratch-made’ hours involved.
How to make Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans
The preparation for these beans could not be easier.
Begin by sautéing a pound of bacon with an onion until the bacon is crisp.
Add half of the bacon and onion mixture to a small Slow Cooker.
Add all of the remaining ingredients that you see in the picture above and then stir until they are well combined.
Sprinkle the remaining crispy bacon onto the baked bean mixture and place the lid on the slow cooker.
Can I make Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans ahead of time?
Yes! Up to two days ahead, store combined ingredients in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Add the second half of the bacon and onions to the top when you are ready to turn on your Slow Cooker.
What should I serve with Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans?
- THE BOMB ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH
- BARBECUED PULLED PORK
- PINEAPPLE SLAW
- SHEET PAN POLISH SAUSAGE SANDWICH
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
- PURPLE CILANTRO LIME COLESLAW
- STICKY ASIAN BAKED PORK RIBS
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Pin this now to save for later!
Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans
- 1 Small CrockPot or Slow Cooker
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 16.5 ounce can baked beans, any flavor Bush's Beans preferred
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, any flavor
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder ancho or chipotle preferred
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sauté the bacon and onion in a large skillet or fry pan until the bacon is crisp.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Line or spray non-stick spray on the bottom and sides of a small Crockpot/Slow Cooker.
- Add HALF the browned bacon and onions and drippings to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the reserved half of the bacon and onions to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Top the mixture with the reserved half of the browned bacon and onions and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 – 1.5 hours or on low for 2- 2.5 hours or until the beans are bubbly and cooked through.
- Skim any extra bacon drippings that may have accumulated on the top of the baked beans if desired.
If you enjoyed the video for Slow Cooker Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video!)