Golden brown with crispy edges and tender in the middle, these Roasted Lemon Parsley Butter Potatoes are tossed in melted butter infused with lemon zest and lemon juice, garlic, and parsley.
Lightly browned, crispy skinned with a tender flavorful center, Roasted Lemon Butter Parsley Potatoes come together with 5 minutes of preparation and then the oven does all the work! Simple, fresh, bold ingredients elevate this easy side dish to extraordinary!
Side dishes that taste like a million bucks but require little actual effort are the BEST kind. Roasting is one of my favorite ways to cook vegetables. When you roast a vegetable as opposed to steaming or boiling, the innate sugars are caramelized and have so much more flavor and texture. Roasted Sweet Mashed Potatoes are a perfect example of that.
Why to Roast Vegetables?
- It’s all about the Caramelization!
- Roasting with the dry heat of the oven caramelizes the natural sugars in vegetables.
- It brings about an amazing depth of flavor.
- New aromatic compounds form, creating a range of complex flavors and the result is a sweet, nutty, toasty flavor.
- And…it’s INCREDIBLY easy!
How to make Roasted Lemon Butter Parsley Potatoes
Cut the potatoes in half or into chunks to make them all a consistent 1″ similar size.
What kind of potatoes are best for roasting?
I’ve been enjoying the small bags of baby-sized potatoes in a multitude of colors and varieties that have become popular at my grocery store lately. They are a little pricier per pound, but triple washed, fun sized, and just so stinking cute! Yukon Gold tends to be my favorite, but russet or reds will work as well. Bon Appetit has a great description for why they prefer Yukon Golds.
In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add the juice of a lemon, the zest of a lemon, minced garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the garlic and lemon is fragrant, just 1-2 minutes. The butter does not need to boil. This can also be done in the microwave. Then, stir in fresh parsley.
Pour half of the melted butter mixture over the potatoes on the baking sheet and stir them until they are well coated.
Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside edges, stirring occasionally.
When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven. Drizzle the second half of the lemon parsley butter mixture over the cooked potatoes and stir. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional lemon zest and parsley if desired.
Tips for successful roasted vegetables:
- Proper oven temperature is 400-450 degrees.
- Don’t crowd them on the baking sheet.
- Use dry vegetables.
- Make sure they are consistent sized pieces so they cook evenly.
For other roasted vegetable ideas, make sure to try:
- Roasted Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Pumpkin with Brown Butter and Crispy Sage
- Fresh Roasted Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots
PIN this now!
If you’ve tried Roasted Lemon Parsley Butter Potatoes or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below.
Roasted Lemon Parsley Butter Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes – 1" in size
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley – chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice – fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the garlic and lemon is fragrant, just 1-2 minutes. The butter does not need to boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with HALF of the parsley butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are crisp and brown on the outside, tender on the inside, and easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir half way through.
- Drizzle the remainder of the butter mixture over the potatoes and serve.