Flaky, buttery, herb filled, and golden, these Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits from scratch are so quick and easy and yet so full of flavor!
Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are ready from start to finish in under 30 minutes. Better then that seafood restaurant, this scratch-made side item will be the piece de resistance of your meal!
When I say quick and easy, I mean it! There is NO flour mess, rolling pin, or kneading of this biscuit dough. They are a ONE bowl, stir the ingredients together, then scoop, and bake into flaky, puffy perfection with a garlicky brush of butter at the end. And did I mention these are on the table in less then half an hour?
How to make Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits From Scratch
Begin by fresh grating a block of sharp cheddar cheese.
Now you may be asking yourself, why can’t I just open up a bag of shredded cheddar? So easy, right?
Why should I freshly shred a block of cheese over using pre-shredded cheese in a package?
- It doesn’t contain added preservatives, chemicals, and anti-caking agents.
- It melts SO much better without those added caking agents.
- It costs less per ounce.
- It only takes two minutes or less to shred or grate your own cheese.
- IT TASTES BETTER!
After shredding the cheese, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, parley, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl.
Add buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients, and then fold in the freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop to place the biscuit dough on a large baking sheet. Top with a little more cheese and bake to golden glory.
Brush the cooked biscuits with a melted butter, garlic, and parsley mixture. Serve warm and enjoy!
What should I serve with my Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits?
- Healthy Buttermilk Baked Chicken Strips
- Red Wine Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Carrots
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Red Pork Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings from Scratch
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Crispy Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms and Cream
If you’ve tried these Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Pin this Now!
Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits From Scratch
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley fresh – chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder NOT garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup salted butter – melted
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese – freshly shredded – DIVIDED
- 3 tablespoons salted butter – melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley – chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, parley, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in 1¼ cups of the freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop biscuit dough and place onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese on tops of the uncooked biscuits.
- Bake for 16-18 minuted until golden brown.
- Combine the Biscuit Topping ingredients and brush the tops of the cooked biscuits. Serve while warm.