Last Updated on
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots have officially become my family’s favorite way to eat Brussels Sprouts.
Brussels sprouts have been a common side in our vegetable line-up for several years. While I would say that with a food-obsessed Mom, my kids have very exposed food pallets and love a lot of crazy things, my youngest two children at 5 and 9 years old still have some typical hangups about certain vegetables, but not Brussles Sprouts. We’ve cooked them numerous ways, but roasted tends to be the family favorite. Roasting the Brussels sweetens and caramelizes them in such a way that all three of my children will eat them and then ask for seconds!
That being said, last night’s version was by far a winner. This one-pan wonder combines crispy, smokey Bacon with sweet, caramelized Shallots mixed with slightly salty, roasted Brussels Sprouts to create a perfect symphony of flavor. And it’s so easy!
Trim the stems and cut the Brussels in half. Slice the shallots and bacon. I desperately wish I had had some of my Homemade Hickory Smoked Bacon on hand, I can highly recommend it!
Spread on a preheated cookie sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil, sprinkle some kosher salt and crack some fresh pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once.
Done! These roasted in the oven at the same time as my homemade, Baked Sweet Potato Fries. These go great with Herb Butter Spatchcock Chicken and my Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms & Cream. I hope you enjoy my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots and that this flavor packed, simple side will become your family’s new favorite veggie too! Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/4 pound bacon cut into 1/2" strips
- 3-4 shallots sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven and a cookie sheet to 400 degrees.
- Trim the stems and slice the Brussels sprouts in half.
Cut the bacon into 1/2" wide strips.
- Peal away the outer skin and slice the shallots.
- Place sprouts, bacon, and shallots on preheated cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and stir to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip and bake an additional 15 minutes until Brussels sprouts are caramelized and bacon is crispy.