Blistered Cherry Tomatoes takes the innate ‘tomato’ flavor and condenses and enhances these little bites of heaven, making them even more sweet and juicy! Highly recommend!
Blistering tomatoes is as simple as a quick sauté in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, but the technique does something a little magical to them.
After only 4-6 minutes, these succulent red nibbles are ready for a variety of uses!
You will need:
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- A skillet
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
How to make Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
The preparation is easy and the cook only takes minutes.
Make sure to check out the INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO below!
Begin by heating a skillet to a medium high heat.
Add olive oil and then the tomatoes.
Sear on one side to blister and char the tomatoes before stirring and adding in the fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
After the second side has begun to blister, remove from the heat and stir in the fresh basil.
If you’ve tried my Blistered Cherry Tomatoes or any other recipe on this website, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it came out in the comments below. I’d LOVE to hear from you!
Pin this now to save for later!
Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- Preheat a medium or large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and then the cherry tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes sauté without disturbing them for 1-3 minute until the side closest to the heat begins to blister.
- Stir once and cook for an additional 1-3 minute to blister another side.
- Immediately remove from the heat and add the fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed the video for Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to be the first to know when we post a new video!)