Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits From Scratch
Flaky, buttery, herb filled, and golden, these Italian Herb Garlic Cheddar Biscuits from scratch are so quick and easy and yet so full of flavor!
Servings: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley fresh - chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder NOT garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup salted butter - melted
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese - freshly shredded - DIVIDED
- 3 tablespoons salted butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, parley, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined.
Gently fold in 1¼ cups of the freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop biscuit dough and place onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese on tops of the uncooked biscuits.
Bake for 16-18 minuted until golden brown.
Combine the Biscuit Topping ingredients and brush the tops of the cooked biscuits. Serve while warm.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 572IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1mg