Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Soft, fluffy, super-moist, chocolatey WITH melty chocolate chips AND the perfect amount of banana. Yes, these Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are little bits of heaven! Super quick and easy, this 30-minute-meal muffin recipe is healthy too!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1.5 cups bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.25 cups chocolate chips - DIVIDED
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Add the bananas, sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix together until completely combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and stir JUST until they are well combined but do not over-mix the batter.
Stir in in one (1) cup of the chocolate chips into the batter.
Distribute the muffin batter into paper lined or non-stick sprayed muffin tins.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on the tops of the muffins.
Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips for baking the perfect muffins.
- Don’t overwork the batter, unless the recipe like this one has a step for creaming ingredients together, stir them by hand. Overworked muffins do not rise as well and can be tough.
- Do not full the muffin tin all the way to the top with batter. Three-fourth full is usually perfect.
- A 4-ounce ice cream scoop or a 1/4 measuring cup is the perfect amount for a standard size muffin tin.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg