Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Beef chuck roast is slow cooked to tender perfection in an easy, from scratch au jus with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Serve on toasted buns with melty cheese and it’s winner-winner FABULOUS dinner!
- 3.5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt - divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground - divided
- 2 cups onions, sliced into1/4" strips approx 2
- 2 cups bell peppers, any color, sliced into 1/4" strips approx 2
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperchinis, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- buns, bauguettes, or French bread of choice
- provelone, mozzeralla, or monterey jack cheese
Rub both sides of the chuck roast with dijon mustard and season with half of the salt and pepper.
Place in a large slow cooker that has been coated with cooking spray.
Top the chuck roast with the sliced onions, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
Pout the beef stock, red wine, and worcestershire sauce along the outside edge of the roast, not washing off the seasoning and cover the slow cooker with the lid.
Cook for 5-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
Toast lightly buttered buns, baguettes, or French bread topped with cheese of choice in the oven until the bread is warm and the cheese is melty.
Fill with meat and vegetables. Serve with the au jus if desired.
Nutrition is approximate. Buns and cheese not included.
- Skim any fat that floats to the surface at the end of the cooking time if needed.
- For a more tender-crisp veggies, add them half way through the cooking time, season, and baste with the au jus.
- A larger or smaller beef roast may be used depending on your needs. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to cook until the beef is fork-tender.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 1031mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1192IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 5mg