Apple Streusel Muffins
Apple Streusel Muffins are full of tender, juicy pieces of apple, incredibly moist, spiced with cinnamon, and topped with a buttery, crisp crumble!
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, tart finely chopped Granny Smith or similar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line 12 muffin cups with muffing papers.
In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar.
Add the sour cream, oil, and vanilla and beat to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Add the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
Gently add the chopped apples and fold to combine.
Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
Cut the butter into the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
Place 1-2 tablespoons of streusel mixture on the top of the batter of each muffin.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutrition facts are approximate.
Tips for baking the perfect muffins.
- Don’t overwork the batter, unless the recipe like this one has a step for creaming ingredients together, stir them by hand. Overworked muffins do not rise as well and can be tough.
- Do not full the muffin tin all the way to the top with batter. Three-fourth full is usually perfect.
- A 4-ounce ice cream scoop or a 1/4 measuring cup is the perfect amount for a standard size muffin tin.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg