Garlic Shrimp with Mango Cucumber Salsa and Coconut Rice
Garlic Shrimp with Mango Cucumber Salsa and Coconut Rice is created with garlic and orange juice marinated shrimp that are quick sauteed and served with a bright and beautiful Mango, Cucumber, and Tomato Salsa. The tropical, summer flavors are complimented with tender, flavorful coconut rice.
Mango Cucumber Salsa
- 2 mangoes - peeled and diced, pit removed
- 1 cup cucumber - peeled and diced
- 1 cup tomato - diced
- 1/2 cup green onions - sliced
- 1 clove garlic - finely minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar flavored balsamics are ok - ie peach or raspberry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Shrimp and Marinade
- 2.25 pounds shrimp - raw, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup orange juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt - added while cooking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice - uncooked
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk 1 can
- 13.5 ounces water
Shrimp and Marinade
Combine shrimp and marinade ingredients.
Let shrimp marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Heat a large non-stick saute pan or frying pan to a high heat.
Add olive oil to hot pan and swirl to coat the pan.
Spread shrimp in a single layer, sprinkle with salt, and cook undisturbed for 1-2 minutes until the bottom half is not longer translucent.
Flip the shrimp in the pan and cook for another 30 seconds and immediately remove from the pan into a bowl. Do not overcook.
Spray the interior of the rice cooker with non-stick spray. See recipe notes if not using a rice cooker.
Add rice, coconut milk, and water to the rice cooker and stir together.
Cook to rice cooker specifications.
Alternative rice cooking methods may be used without changing the Coconut Rice ingredient proportions.
Nutrition facts are approximate.
Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 429mg | Sodium: 1797mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 313mg | Iron: 6.9mg