Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins with Streusel
These Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins with Streusel are quick and easy. The sour cream makes these perfectly moist with a tender crumb and the delicate crunch of the streusel is a burst of flavor and texture with every bite.
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries about a pint
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line 12 muffin cups with muffin papers or spray with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
Add the sour cream, oil, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
In a larger mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Divide batter among the muffin cups.
Cut butter into the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
Place1-2 tablespoons on the top of the muffin batter in each muffin cup.
Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition facts are approximate.
Tips for baking the perfect muffins.
- Don’t overwork the batter, unless the recipe like this one has a step for creaming ingredients together, stir them by hand. Overworked muffins do not rise as well and can be tough.
- Do not full the muffin tin all the way to the top with batter. Three-fourth full is usually perfect.
- A 4-ounce ice cream scoop or a 1/4 measuring cup is the perfect amount for a standard size muffin tin.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1.5mg