Spicy Shrimp Toasts with Lemon Garlic Butter
Succulent, quick sauteed Shrimp with a light Cajun Spice served on toasted French Bread with a luxurious drizzle of Lemon Garlic Butter.
Lemon Garlic Butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot red or sweet onion may be substituted.
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Shrimp and Seasoning
- 24 ounces peeled and deveined raw shrimp size 26-30 or larger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder preferably ancho or chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika preferably smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspooon kosher or sea salt
- 1 loaf French crusty bread
Lemon Garlic Butter
Saute shallot, garlic, and salt in olive oil at a medium heat in a small sauce pan for 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant.
Add butter to sauce pan and cook until butter melts and starts to simmer.
Turn off heat and stir in pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
Shrimp and Seasonin
Pat shrimp dry and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with seasonings and stir to combine.
Preheat large skillet or saute pan to a medium high heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter foams, add shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 1 minute and then flip shrimp.
Cook just until shrimp are no longer translucent and remove immediately from pan and heat.
Bread may be toasted over a gas stove top burner or under the broiler and kept warn at a low heat while shrimp is sauteed.
Rub top of the toasted bread with a garlic clove if desired.
Please sauteed shrimp on the toasted bread and drizzle lavishly with Lemon Garlic Butter. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon if desired.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 326mg | Sodium: 1620mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 5mg